Thursday, October 1, 2009

Yummy Tuna Salad on English Muffin!

I know everyone knows how to make tuna, but sometimes we can forget Tuna is supposed to be a healthy dish with all the mayo and junk we add to it! I came up with this figure friendly way to really enjoy tuna!

1 small can of tuna
1/4 teaspoon Miracle whip
2 dill hamburger pickle slices
1 english Muffin
2 slices colby jack cheese
Tabasco

slice English Muffin in half
in small bowl, mix tuna and 1/4 teaspoon of Miracle whip (tuna will seem dry, but it will be o/k...trust me!) Salt and pepper to taste (try to avoid salt, if you must, use a small amount of sea salt!)
Turn broiler on high
on baking sheet, put English muffin halves, cut side up
put 1/2 of tuna on each english muffin
place pickle slice in center of tuna
put slice of Colby Jack cheese on top of each muffin
Place under broiler until cheese is completely melted
Take out of oven, add Tabasco to taste, and enjoy!

This is a great lunch with fresh fruit, very low in fat, and somehow the pickle takes away from the dryness of the tuna - I don't know how, but it works!

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh....that sounds really good! I don't care for pickles but I like that you used an English muffin instead of 1/2 of a hamburger bun. Hmmm...I may have to change my dinner plans and run to the store. :)

    And by the way, glad to see you back!

    ReplyDelete